Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Can An Eleven Year Old Be My Guru?

Today, an eleven year old asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I told her I wanted to be an actor and she laid out a plan for me. Here's how it goes:

I have to somehow get myself to LA and get an internship for The Ellen Show. She doesn't have any advice for how I manage to get this job. Apparently is just happens to me. Next, I need to get Ellen to like me so much that she decides to give me my own show, like she did for Bethany. (She wanted me to have a talk show, but I convinced her a sitcom would be more my style).

That's the whole plan. I quite like it. Frankly, it all seems rather plausible. I think I'm going to get all my advice from eleven year old's from now on. They're a lot more optimistic about my chances.

1 comment:

  1. That is a totally foolproof plan that people have actually used! Oh, wait. IN FANTASYLAND. No seriously, I like the optimistic feel of it though. That's an important ability to cultivate. Anyway, a trip to LA couldn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete